Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Naked Cowboy

Today was the day I had been dreading for weeks. Cleaning day! I had a busy month of May. I had my friends from work here for dinner one night and then I had the bridal shower a week later so for 2 weeks straight this place was spotless.....and then we kinda let it go. We kept it maintained but it was nothing like it had been. I knew that there was going to come a day where I did nothing but clean from top-to-bottom and the day had arrived. I started first thing this morning and finished about 1:3o! I then went through all of Braxton's new '2T' clothes and washed the ones that can be worn during summer and took some out from last year to make some room (he can still wear a lot of them)! I then made a lasagna, from scratch no less, for dinner tonight. After doing all of that I took a quick shower and went and picked Braxton up from Maw Maw's.
As soon as he walked in my spotless house was no more. He dropped the cup of goldfish he had been eating almost instantly, smeared his hands on my freshly cleaned glass door, and noticed real quick the basket of freshly laundered clothes. He started throwing the clothes, that I had mistankingly decided to put up after I picked him up, onto the floor. But then he started noticing what was on the shirts and realized they were his! He found a fire engine shirt and wanted out of his clothes right then. After I got his clothes off he decided he didn't want to have any on so I let him watch as I hung up his new wardrobe. That's when he saw Uncle Tis' cowboy boots sitting on the floor of his closet and he had to have them on right then! I told him I was going to take his picture and it does look like he posed for both of them!
I have learned in the past 2 years that a spotless house isn't everything. Most days I'm real good about letting most things go. At least until he is in bed. You all would be so proud of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment