Friday, July 3, 2009

Whistle While You Work

I had a funny flashback today when Braxton and I were playing in his "clubhouse".
When my brother and sister and I were younger we had the most incredible double decker play/tree house ever! My dad built it and the top was a tree house for Chris and his friends (No Girls Allowed!) and the bottom was a play house for Allyson and I. In both the top and bottom it was just one room but still to this day when I close my eyes and think about it, it was the biggest room ever! We had our little kitchen in there and in my mind we had a dining room! Above all the windows were our "shelves". In reality they were the tops of the boards of our windows! Allyson and I thought every time we played out there that we had to bring stuff from the house. We never thought about it until we were actually playing but we'd decide what we wanted and I'd send Allyson back inside 4 or 5 times to get stuff. We had food and toys galore. Of course, most of the time by the time she had fetched all that I wanted, I was done playing and was ready to go back inside.
Over the course of this week stuff has started appearing in Braxton's clubhouse. The chair made it's way up earlier and after discovering some dead bugs and spider webs the broom, that Grandaddy bought at the Mast General Store, made it's way out there. I came back outside and Braxton was sitting in his chair eating goldfish. I thought 'he really is my son'. Not too much longer and I'm going to be making 4 or 5 trips inside to get stuff for Braxton!

No comments:

Post a Comment