Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday G.G!!


....................................This lovely young lady is my grandmother whom Braxton affectionately calls "G.G" . We grew up calling all of our grandparents "Grandmama" and "Grandaddy" so when Braxton came along my grandmother became his Great-Grandmother. "Great-Grandmama" was quickly shortened to G.G. When it's bedtime, I tell him he has to go night-night and before I put him down he goes through EVERYBODY'S name. He'll call out Paw Paw and I'll say "he's gone night night", then he'll say Grandaddy and I'll say "he's gone night night" and he does this with everybody (did I say everybody?) and he always ends with G.G.
My aunt, Lisa, had a Tomato Sandwich party at her house yesterday afternoon for Grandmama's 85th birthday. Tomato sandwiches are her favorite meal. Being that I am not a fan of tomatoes, I wasn't quite sure what I'd be eating but lot's of people brought something to share so there was plenty to eat. A lot of her friends from church came and my sister and cousins(we're in the second picture) were there too. We ate lunch, looked at pictures of the past 85 years, opened gifts, and ate cake. It was a wonderful afternoon and I'm so glad that I was able to be there. Everybody said what an elegant and sophisticated lady she was and has always been. I couldn't have agreed more or been more proud to call her my grandmother!

2 comments:

  1. Your grandmother is a beautiful lady. I always thought so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend, peace...
    I want to say, "Happy birthday" too, to your grandmother.
    If you willing visit my blog, and read my article at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
    And... if you love books, read The Holy Qur'an please...

    ReplyDelete