Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last Day

So today was the last day of school. I had a really good class this year. Very sweet and they had parents that really cared about them and were supportive of me and my decisions. I was sad when the afternoon rolled around. I
actually had a couple that cried as we were walking out to the buses.
One of the units that we do in writing is on poetry. I had a friend that recommended this really awesome poetry book that had great ideas on how to teach various poems. One of the last poems we did was a "blues poem". We wrote blues poems about different things and because it tied in so close to the end of school they were really were able to get the idea.
This morning above their morning work I wrote "I've got the last day blues!". Can you guess how I really felt?

2 comments:

  1. Very cute picture with your class Mere..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so you mere! I love your class! It has to be sad to see the kids go, but at least you get the summer and with Braxton!

    ReplyDelete