Monday, July 21, 2014

Tooth "Fairy"


Showing his sister how "cool" and easy it all is!


She'd only get in the "chair" to do something for Angie.


Almost 5 years ago I took Braxton in for his first dentist visit. I dreaded that day. Worried about how he'd do. From the first visit he's done great. Always answers the questions, opens up big, yaddah yaddah yaddah.
Naturally, when the time came for me to start thinking about Mckinley's visit I hardly gave it a thought. Last week I began to worry when I dropped her off in the nursery at church and she told one of the nursery workers she could stay and the other "to go". I started to worry a little more when I gathered all my "dentist" books to start talking to her and she said "No mama. I not going to the dentist". And last night I REALLY began to worry when Braxton and I cuddled up with her in the middle to read a book and half-way through the second page she climbed down and said "I go play". I knew we were all in trouble.
Dad met me at the office to take her if she began to cry and/or to watch her while Brax and I got our teeth cleaned. LONG story short. She refused to get in the chair. Angie offered to give her a ride up and down (worked for Brax) she screamed "No Ride!", Angie had to literally sit on her own hands and then asked Mckinley to open up so she could just see her teeth. The dentist came in to look at Braxton's teeth and she told him,"You not looking at my teeth".
We'll try again in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment