Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dog Days




We are enjoying our summer. We had a great 4th of July. We've got lot's more planned for the rest of our time together.
This past Make-It Monday we made a fort (out of TV trays and blankets). When I was a kid we'd make a disaster in the den and pull out the card tables and every blanket we could possibly find. We'd try to make it as dark inside as we could get it and then watch a movie while sitting inside.  Brax was trying to build his sister a fort using just pillows and so I went in and gave him some assistance. (I had considered myself an expert way back when). They had a blast! The ironic things was they wanted to make it as dark as they could get it too and then I could hear them talking about peep holes so they could watch TV. Of course all things come to an end but they have been begging for another one ever since.
After we tore the fort down we made cupcake ice cream cones. We baked cupcakes in an ice cream cone and then after they baked put icing on them. What a hit! They turned out really cute.


1 comment:

  1. That last pic of Mck might be my FAVORITE PICTURE EVER! I love everything about it. :-) -AWBB

    ReplyDelete