Friday, July 18, 2014

Field Trip Fun

See where I started out?

And you see I moved? Both of these kids we're a little scared.





Grandaddy bravely makes another trip with us.
We ventured "north" for our trip this week. We went to the beloved Dan Nicholas park. We've been going here every summer since Braxton was little. It's just a short ride up the road. We started with a picnic lunch and then went to the actual park. Mckinley was so excited to ride the train but as soon as we loaded she started crying. Once it started and she realized it was only going a whopping 3 miles an hour she relaxed. When she got off she screamed "That was AWESOME". We then walked over to the carousel and they were both scared to ride that. (I really don't think I shelter my kids but geez after this trip I wonder.....) You can see by their faces that they weren't real sure and when it came to a stop after a longer than usual ride, they we're very relieved that they survived, didn't fall off, came on a day it wasn't so hot.
After seeing the animals, we decided to go see the paddle boats and enjoy a cold treat before the trek back. Mckinley has been "potty training" this summer and she did fantastic on this trip. The ride up, the trip there, and the ride back she stayed completely dry. She must leave the bathroom location before the toilet can be flushed. The sound scares her so the actual job of getting her to use the bathroom in public causes me to break a sweat, however, she's catching on!
The best part was on our way home we drove by mama's "home place" where Aunt Betty is living. She was there so we stopped and visited for about 45 minutes. I love that woman. I have amazing memories of growing up thanks in part to her. I didn't think about it until after we had left about getting a picture with her and the kids. I plan to make another visit to see her before the summer ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment