Sunday, June 9, 2013

Party Time







This big brother celebrated his 6th birthday today. All day he'd ask "Mama are you sad cause I'm turning 6?" It's funny because I'm not sad he's turning 6. I'm sad that the years have flown by. I get sad when I think about the past and all that we laughed about with him when he was really little. But I'm so proud of who he is becoming. I certainly don't want the years to fly by but I look forward to watching him grow up. I know he's going to be just fine. (And every once in a while I do ask him if he'll ALWAYS love me. To which he replies "yes!")
We often talk about how fast time goes by. I try really hard to live in the moment. Not to worry so much about what's going to happen but play and laugh, stop to look, sit and talk, and soak up every moment that we're together. Look at him. 6 years ago this very night he was just a little thing. He's grown up so fast. And I love him so much. He's brought so much joy and purpose to our lives. Life before him is just unimaginable.

And by the way the theme for this years birthday was "camouflage". Who knew they made a camo cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment