Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mountains of Memories






"So we loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly...Hills that is...."
The Beverly Hillbillies, one of my favorite shows. We used to watch it when I was a kid. Fast forward 15 years and I found out that right down the road from our place in the mountains "Jane" from the show had a mountain retreat. Just icing on the cake for a place I already thought was fantastic.
The kids and I just returned from a week in the mountains with Grandaddy. Brandon was able to come up and stay for a night and we took the kids to Tweetsie. Braxton already thinks the place ranks up there with Disney World (poor kid!) but the girl loved it. She squealed with delight as we came up over the hill and she saw the train. We had to board it as soon as we got there. Never mind it didn't leave for another 30 minutes. They both had a grand time. Thank goodness You Tube has a Mouse Mine video someone took!
The week was nice. We weren't rushed or pressed for time. We were in a good routine by mid-week. Strange feeling this week though. I found myself thinking about the times I was a kid and would go up there. I could picture my sister and brother and I doing some of the exact things that we did this week. I enjoyed telling my children about some of the fun times I have had up there and look forward to creating the same memories for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment