Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Perfect Tree
















We went up to the mountains yesterday for our annual trip to pick out our Christmas tree. This year we thought it would be fun to stay over night so we called up the joint where we always stay and sure enough they had some availability. Now you say to yourself, "oh a nice little over night trip" but you should have seen the luggage I packed! There is no such thing as packing light with me and when I heard it was going to possibly snow 3 inches that didn't help my cause at all! Allyson told me as soon as we met up when I told her why I was running late that the snow had been canceled! I was glad I packed what I did! We left about 10am and had a nice drive up. We thought it would be fun to count how many trees we counted on the tops of cars heading home as we were heading up but after about the 11th one we passed a huge truck full of trees that was obviously taking some trees to a lot. Brandon decided the game was over!
Little Man was F--U--N at the tree farm this year. We've been going to the same one since he was 5 months old and this year he got out of the truck and acted like he knew just what he was doing! He loved watching them cut the trees down and drive them down the mountain. He had all his garb on so you would think by looking at the pictures that it WAS snowing three inches. It was cold but he just insisted. I think we picked the most perfect tree. As soon as it's up, I'll post and let you see.
Oh, and we haven't been up to the mountains since June but Braxton remembered about the blue ice cream we had then so before heading home this afternoon we stopped and let him enjoy some "bue" ice cream! He did enjoy every bite.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Mere! Dad and I have gone to the same place 6 years in a row to get my tree. It is an awesome tradition!

    ReplyDelete