Saturday, July 25, 2015

And...We're.....OFF!

 This bike was delivered by Santa almost 3 years. It sat in our garage for 3 years. Occasionally, it would see the light of day but the older Brax was getting the more hesitant he was to ride it when I would walk. He was getting older and the kids from school were most often than not out. Braxton turned 8 in June. I have never tried to rush him to do something so it was according to "average" but I was starting to push this issue just a bit. Actually I shoved it.
The tires were a little flat when we took it out last week and I asked Brandon when he filled them up with air if he wold just take the training wheels off. Braxton didn't like hearing that at first and we explained that when he first started swimming he struggled. When he first started reading he struggled. And riding a bike would be the same way. And absolutely it was. For the first 5 minutes. You read that right. 5 minutes and then he had it down. I went out and took a picture of Braxton before the "struggle" began and went back in to clean up the kitchen from dinner. I looked out the window out back and I saw all 3 of them moving to the left and when I looked back up I saw Mckinley and Brandon running to the right cheering! I went flying out back and almost started crying. I couldn't believe it.  Something he had put off and dreaded so long he conquered in less than 30 minutes. We were very proud.

And naturally because Braxton had his helmet on Mckinley had to have one on too!!! She is her brothers biggest cheerleader.

No comments:

Post a Comment