Thursday, June 19, 2014

Petite Picassos

To help the kids know what to expect for the summer (and yes, for my sanity too) we have designated days for certain activities. I'm such a teacher, true, but one week down and I have to say it has really worked out well. Mondays are now "Make-It Mondays" and that is the day we stay home and make something. Braxton has already asked what we'll make next week and I told him we could bake. This past Monday we painted. I received a gift card to one of the local craft stores from one of my students and went and bought canvases, paint, and brushes. I set them up in the garage and let them go at it.
It was already hot even with both bay doors open but by the time this project was complete, I was sweating. They had such a good time and we're just excited to do whatever they wanted. I plan on hanging these up. I'm sure one day they will appear more beautiful than I already see them. And be more valuable to me too.
(They're not for sell so don't even ask : ))

1 comment:

  1. Is that M&M jar still beside your door? Mck looks like she is eyeing it!

    ReplyDelete