Monday, April 21, 2014

The Day Arrived

Good Morning Beautifuls!



All the "Greats"
                   

Yesterday brought a lot of anticipated events. The Easter Bunny of course came Saturday night and both of my children LOVED what he left. The excitement that they both felt was contagious and I found myself feeling just as happy by watching them.
After church and a good nap for Mck we went to Grandaddy's house for food and fellowship with family. "Baby Zoie" (whom we've called  since she was born because to Braxton at the time, she WAS a baby) was going to be there. We don't see her as much as I would like and every time we have the kids just didn't "connect". Yesterday that all changed! The girls hit it off like best friends. They were talking and giggling. I kept going in the back room to check on them because I found it odd that I wasn't being crawled on or being pulled into another room. Every time I'd peek in they were doing something. Going through my old jewelry box (ohhing and ahhing over treasures), playing with stuffed animals, playing with Braxton, and enjoying each other.
Jokingly I made the comment that finally the day I had been waiting for had come. But in all honesty I wasn't being funny. I have amazing memories of playing with my cousins. Every holiday was a chance I got to see them. Some much older and some much younger but we always connected in a special way and had a great time. I'm glad that my children will have that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment