Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Girl


                                  

Funny how a small moment can have such a lasting impression. Two years ago my small moment was a well thought out  C-section. We were going to  take Braxton to his Maw Maw's and Brandon and I were going to be at the hospital by 6:30 for an 8:30 C-Section. Somebody else had a better idea.
Our sweet Mckinley turns "2" tomorrow. It blows my mind when I think about how fast the past two years have gone. All that we've done. And all of the happiness and joy she's brought to our life.
 We laugh when we think about how our children made their entrance into this world. Braxton was two days late and was forced to make his arrival. Once he was born he was fine. I still feel like we have to force him to do a lot of things. But once he's there, he's fine.
Mckinley was a planned c-section. Down to the minute we knew what to expect. But she decided to come on her own terms when she was ready. No matter what everybody else had planned, she was coming. And that's who she is. When she's ready, you better be.
Day after day, all day,  I think about my babies. How wonderful they are. How beautiful they are. And how lucky I am. Out of all the people that God could have picked, I get to be their mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment