Wednesday, August 1, 2012

While You Were Workin.....





I HATE to even mention it but my time off is coming to a close. I don't even feel like I have been off with all that we had going on a few weeks back. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the weeks home but we've just been so busy.
 I decided just a couple of weeks ago to write down (didn't you know I was a list girl!) all of the things that I wanted to do this summer. A lot had to do with the kids but there are a couple of things that involve unpacking. I'm trying not to unpack anything else until the room is painted. We're making our way around, rather quickly I think, but I don't want to unpack just to take something down or move it when Brandon gets to that room. I would like to get the office settled before I return to work. We'll see. And the kids and I still have a few things to cross off the list. Today, however, has been designated as laundry, dish washer, blog posting, go through a few boxes day.
I have REALLY enjoyed being with my babies this summer. Our garage only contains a few more things to be put away (and then both cars will actually be parked in it) so I can actually see "things" that were Braxton's that I packed away as he outgrew them. I found his Lightning McQueen car and his John Deere ATV. Mckinley absolutely loves riding on both of them but Braxton acts like he's never seen them before. He even loves them. He couldn't wait to get on the John Deere and then when he did he said, "Uh oh. We have a problem. This thing is too short for my legs!" He's really good about letting Mckinley ride first and will push her around. You can tell by her face that she enjoys it. The little booger will want to get on it and when I put her on and walk away she'll look at me and begin bouncing as if she's saying, "Woman! Don't you realize that putting me on is actually only the first part of this deal!?"
Braxton has loved the pool this summer. He spent about 5 hours in it on Sunday. There's nothing he won't do in there now. As long as he has his life jacket on he'll jump off the side, ask to be flipped over from his float, swim on his back- you name it. It makes it all more enjoyable for everyone. And doesn't cause me to worry about him as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment