Thursday, July 12, 2012

Why Bother?!




The playroom has officially opened for customers! Brandon finished the other night and as I'm sure you can imagine we've been up there all day! It's not complete because eventually I want to get some bookcases for their books and some other things for organizing.
We wanted to use as many of our old curtains etc and decided we'd go with the color from our old bedroom. Although it's not really a color you'd think of for children it looks great and the kids won't "outgrow" it anytime soon. It really has brightened up the hallway upstairs (3 rooms down LOT'S more to go) and it's perfect for them!Brandon and I kind of laughed last night after the babies were in bed because for the fist time in more than 5 years there was not ONE toy in our den.
I don't think as a child I ever wished for a playroom. My parents were perfectly fine with us playing anywhere we wanted. My bedroom was fine but I had a "bedroom" set up in the den at home for my baby doll. I had her cradle and highchair and all the other things I needed for her. I pulled out the highchair and cradle this afternoon and set it up in the new room. Mckinley isn't old enough to really enjoy them now but I'm so glad that they will get used again. It's a neat thought knowing my daughter will play "house" with the same toys I did.
I decided this morning that I really don't care how messy the room gets throughout the day. It is, afterall, a playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment