Monday, August 8, 2011

We're Here!!









After months of planning, preparing, and WAITING we have arrived for our annual family vacation. We decided to do things a little different this year and that was before we realized that I would be 7 1/2 months pregnant when we got here. We are staying right on the beach. The walk to the ocean is literally downstairs and we can walk out on our balcony and see and smell the ocean anytime we want! Braxton has known nothing but walking a bit and crossing the street to get to the ocean. He's loved being right here and first thing he asked to do when we got up this morning was to "see the ocean".

Yesterday we were down by the waters edge. It was just Braxton and I, and as I sat in the chair by the water's edge (that is the way to do it) andc watched him play I couldn't help but think about how this is our last little bit of being just a family of 3. In a few weeks, changes are going to take place and as much as I'm excited about them and as much as I think about holding our baby girl it makes me a little sentimental about giving up "these" days. Braxton has changed so much since we were here last. He loves playing in the ocean and is venturing to do things (all under a watchful eye) that he would not have done last year. I'm trying to savor these moments. I realize everyday that they are precious!










1 comment:

  1. Memories can last forever. I'm glad you're having a good time. Sunburned yet?

    ReplyDelete