Friday, August 6, 2010

Another Reminder



Once again I'm reminded that life is too short. Cindy, a friend from college with 3 young children, died last week from a brain tumor. It's got me down and I went home today and plundered through old pictures looking for pictures of her and of all of my great friends from way back.
Life is busy. We know that without a doubt. But what is it that makes it so? A couple of weeks ago just this summer a few of us got together, with our children, and visited and it was fantastic. It's something that I wish we could manage to do more of with more of the group.
The pictures above were taken on a spring break trip with a few of my buddies and then at college when we went to ECU to help move some friends in. Cindy is in the top picture, far left.
My hope is that I continue to reconnect with friends. Life is busy. Life is too short. But friends make the journey, however long we're given, all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Mere- Thanks for this post. I am in tears as I type! You are so right. Friends make the journey worth while and I am so thankful for my friends! We had wonderful memories that I will cherish forever. I found Pics of Cindy too and it made me cry. I will always remember her. I love you Mere! And yes, we need to make more time for each other! Life is too short!

    ReplyDelete