Saturday, February 13, 2010

WINTER STINKS











Old Man Winter needs to take a hike! We've had enough! Another blizzard blew in last night and caught us slightly off guard. As soon as I could leave work I headed to the big super center to grab the milk and bread and a few other necessities (never know how long you're going to be snowed in). When I was walking out, the snow was really coming down but as I pulled out of the parking lot the main road looked like a parking lot! Cars were bumper to bumper and as bad as it was snowing and wanted to get home I still had one more stop to make.
I met up with the boys about 6:30 and Brax was starvin' so we picked somewhere to grab a quick bite to eat. By the time we came out the roads were covered and remember southerners can't drive in this weather. A trip that normally takes less than 20 minutes to get home took about 40. I was pretty nervous the whole drive home.
This morning it was beautiful and we took Brax out. It's funny because as a kid I remember my parents not being excited about going out in it and that was me this morning. It takes so much effort to get dressed and then when you get out it's still cold!!
It got up to about 40 degrees today so the roads are clear and most of the snow is melted. Brax had a great time this morning. It was worth it!
I'm thinking that I need to put all my little snowmen away that I have out around the house. We haven't had this much snow in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment