Friday, January 1, 2010

Open Up and Say AH!









On Tuesday I took Brax to the dentist for the first time. He did incredible. Several days before hand I started talking to him about what they would do. Angie, our dental hygenist, told me when I was there last what they would so I could prepare him. I knew he would like the part about riding up and down in the chair! The morning before we left, I got out all my "going to the dentist books" (only a teacher) and let him flip through them. He brought them in the car and looked at them all the way to the office and could hardly wait to get out when we pulled up.
He walked into the waiting room and sat down in a chair all by himself just beaming from ear to ear. Angie came and got us not too long after and he walked back to the room and crawled (that was adorable) into the big chair. Angie let him ride up and down, up and down, up and down a few times and then she asked him to open up. I looked down thinking "This is where I'm going to lose him" but when I didn't hear anything I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes! He was letting her count his teeth with a mirror and THEN he let her "tickle" them. He stayed in his seat the whole time and she went and got the dentist and he came in. Brax sat and let him look at his teeth too!!
It's official. My baby is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment