Saturday, January 17, 2009

Home Project Complete








Well, our first project around the house for 2009 is now complete. After over 30 years of our house having a brick fireplace Brandon stone veneered it. It had gas logs for about 8 years but we had the line cut and took the logs out. We removed the logs because we actually had a "real" fireplace that could burn wood which is so rare these days. I have some wonderful memories of the fires we used to have at home while growing up. I wanted Braxton to have the same. Right after Christmas we went and ordered a new screen and it came in last night. Perfect timing considering the overnight low was 7 degrees. We woke up this morning and started our first fire. It looks great and is warm too. I was hoping I had some pictures of the before look but I can't find any.

Next job around here will be the dining room.

5 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful fireplace, worthy of Architectural Digest. Congratulations. I know you'll have wonderful times in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon did a great job! I Know you are enjoying it on these COLD days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fireplace is gorgeous! I am so glad you are blogging now. I put you in my blogroll. :) Holly loves all the pics of baby B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think Meredith my girls were about Braxton's size when you first started babysitting for us. How time flies....now they can babysit for Braxton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE FIREPLACE IS BEAUTIFUL... JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE HOUSE !!! AND LITTLE MAN BRAXTON IS JUST AS CUTE AS EVER !!!
    HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING OK.
    HUGS & KISSES
    MARSHA :)

    ReplyDelete