Sunday, December 15, 2013

Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen

Some of my most favorite memories of Christmas were baking with my mom. She was a pretty incredible woman and she just had this way about her that made everything 10x better (my dad does this pretty well too). Baking Christmas cookies with her was awesome. It was fun, and messy, and a group effort, and delicious, and I could go on and on. She always had a list of about 10 things she wanted to bake for the holidays and she always accomplished this.
This year I wanted to do just a hint of baking. I wanted this to be one of the memories my kids grew up with. I talked it up big time. They put on their aprons.
They lasted for 2 minutes. Literally. And told me let them know when they were done.
I'll try again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment