Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rogus?

A couple of years ago "Rogus" appeared......well not physically but he started to become  well known around our house. He was Braxton's imaginary friend. I had read, and heard, that they are very normal for children and is actually a sign of intellect. We didn't worry about "him" and enjoyed hearing about what he was up to and doing at the moment.
One time Braxton was going out back to play and he wanted to take his wooden toolbox out. He went out the back door carrying 2 wooden toolboxes. I asked what he needed 2 for and as serious as he could be Braxton told me that "one was for Rogus".
Yesterday we were reflecting on all the funny things Braxton had done and I asked if he remembered Rogus. Again with a straight face he said, '"Yes. Mama he died."
Pretty interesting. I didn't ask any questions and nothing else was said. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, we weren't prepared for Rogus' death. Thankfully the Christmas tree, fondly named Rogus by Braxton, will live forever! Or till Grandaddy mows him down?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meredith, this is Beth! I have a new blog on Word Press, www.agirlandherpiper.wordpress.com

    I hope you all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete