Saturday, June 9, 2012

Somewhere



There aren't many days in my life where I can remember every. single. thing. that. happened. On the day my mom died, I can only remember bits and pieces. On September 11, I can only remember bits and pieces.Even on my wedding day I can only remember pieces from the day.  And for every other day of my life I can only remember some parts. Some parts may be bigger and more vivid but I can't remember the entire day. June 9, 2007 I can recall everything about it. It is hard for me to believe that my baby boy turned 5 years old today. From the time I got up this morning I've been looking at the clock and I can remember all the details about his birth day.
Life for sure is not the same as it was back then.
Braxton has blessed us in more ways than I could ever begin to describe. The chatterbox has such a genuine heart. He's got a great sense of humor. He LOVES being a big brother. And he's exactly what I prayed for all those years ago. Each night he asks for a bedtime story and for me to lay with him afterwards. I learned a long time ago that these days don't last for long so every time he asks me, I do it. I lay there every night and think about how fast he's growing and all the great memories he's given to us. I know that he's not mine forever and I try really hard to remember that every second I am with him.
I love that little boy more than life itself. When it comes to Braxton and Mckinley, I get really sad when I think of all the people that Brandon and I have loved who are no longer here to see them grow. I know in my heart that "somewhere" in the journey they all have seen them.  And that makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment