Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?



We have life!! As we pulled in the driveway yesterday afternoon Braxton told me he wanted to go "check on his garden". I let him in the gate and was getting my stuff together and he stopped dead in his tracks and just stared. I thought for sure he had come up on a snake and heaven help us all if I was going to have to go down and rescue him with a snake right there. Fortunately, there was NO snake but when I asked what it was he pointed at and he said "a plant". His first plant bloomed yesterday. He was so proud and when I wouldn't let him water it he asked if he could water "the bugs?" He had a good 10 minutes of playing with the hose before I convinced him the puddle was big enough.
Today when I got home I saw that a few more had sprouted. Not sure if we have enough to feed us through the winter but for a first time garden I think we're doing pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment