Monday, December 27, 2010

A Christmas Miracle?!







You never know when you're doing something if it will be the last time youre doing it. Or very rarely do you know. My life is full of examples. I can remember the last time I did somethings in my life and most of the time I'm glad that I didn't know it would never happen again. That makes the memories more special. One of my most fondest memories of growing up was playing in the snow with my brother, sister, and my dad. My mom would get us all dressed in warm clothes and she would stay inside while we played outside. Daddy would go sledding with us and together we would have a great time. In the good old days most of the neighborhood would congregate out at the top of the hill with sleds in tow and we would take turns going down.
This Christmas, they were calling for snow! For the first time in over 10 years it looked as if we were all going to be "home" for snow.
So my Christmas miracle this year was getting to play in the snow again with my brother, my sister, and my dad. We didn't know all of those years ago that the days of us playing and sledding after dark were coming to a close. We didn't realize that life was about to kick into high gear and our childhood was wrapping up. This year Braxton had a blast building a snowman and having a snowball fight with everyone. It took me back a few years and I thought about my mom as I dressed him in warm clothes as he anxiously awaited the opportunity to get outside. Our good time quickly came to a close when our adult instincts took over and we started getting things together to come home and Chris started thinking about the mess that awaited him at the airport.
Now if only Chris could get back home I'm sure he'd say he had a Christmas miracle too!!

2 comments:

  1. I miss my childhood days of playing in the snow! it was my dad who stayed in and My mom would take us out to go sledding. We would meet up with Richard and the girls. We had a blast. I get sad, when I am stuck at home by myself in the snow, but this year, I was able to horseback ride in the snow. It was great! I just wish I had more people around to play with. I am glad all of you were together and could play in the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete