Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Life is too short


It's weird the way life works out. My dad just retired after 36 years and couldn't wait to begin spending some time with his mom. We took her with us to the mountains two weeks ago. Braxton had tea parties with his G.G. We went and got ice cream. We took her shopping. And we took naps. The last morning we were there we couldn't get her awake and had to call the paramedics. So for the past week we've been at the hospital everyday praying and hoping that she'd wake up. After being told on Friday that she'd had a major stroke, we called my brother home and after he made it we all gathered around her bed and prayed for her to make the journey to a better place.
She went to Heaven Monday.
We took a picture of this lilly from our yard. We received it one Easter and it's never bloomed before. It reminded me of my Grandmother. Beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. She was very loved by your family. it is funny how God sends us signs through nature. The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. My Peace lily, that was given to me by coworkers when my uncle died 3 years ago, came back to my home to live after the breakup (was staying a curtis's) and finally bloomed for the first time in 3 years. I took it as a sign that I did the right thing and that I was going to be ok. Your family continues to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete